As a Graphic Designer/Marketing employee for Aeneas, your position will encompass all graphics, web design, marketing, and social media for the company. You will be supervised directly by the CEO. Job tasks can include development and design of advertising campaigns and branding, day-to-day maintenance of company websites, offical company communication with customers, social media posting and management, purchasing responsibilities over marketing and printed materials, and more.
- Coordinating with Sales Manager and CEO to plan targeted advertising pushes and marketing campaigns
- Managing Aeneas social media including Facebook and Twitter as well as developing original content for each
- Maintaining relationships with representatives from various media including radio, newspaper, television, phonebooks, printers, etc.
- Purchase, design, scripting, and/or printing of all advertising. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Print and web advertisements
- Radio advertisements (includes working with customers to record testimonials)
- Direct mailer/door tags
- Sales sheets, white pages, and brochures
- Yard signs
- PowerPoint presentations
- Tradeshow materials (displays, posters, etc)
- Printed office products (envelopes, labels, business cards, ID badges, etc)
- Promotional materials (t-shirts, mugs, pens, etc)
- Management of all Aeneas websites which includes editing existing content and creating new graphics and informational product descriptions under current Aeneas brand.
- Managing advertising budget and ad buys for all aforementioned media as well as approval of all advertising-specific invoices
- Coordinating with all Aeneas departments to create department-specific materials and can include writing content, designing new material, or updating existing material
- Writing and/or editing copy for various written communication to customers and public including contracts, press releases, letters, scripts, emails, and web copy.
- Coordinating with Sales Manager and CEO to update and create billing texts and bill inserts monthly
- Creating, compiling, and analyzing periodic customer surveys
- Compiling, analyzing, and presenting Google Analytics for Aeneas websites to CEO and company
- Management of Aeneas Building website and marketing materials
- Management of Aeneas portal calendar including approval of calendar events and submitting new events
- Working in coordination with Sales and Billing departments to organize lists of current or potential customers for direct mailings or other forms of contact
- Designing and executing of Aeneas-hosted website for The Jackson Symphony Color of Music Competition each spring
- Researching our competitors as requested by Sales Department or CEO
- Execution of The Annual Aeneas Block Party. This includes updating branding, promotion via social media and websites, coordinating vendors, setup, and actual direction of the party
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience in all three areas of marketing, print design, and web design
- Have excellent written communication skills
- Be creative, flexible, and willing to learn
- Be able to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Be self-motivated and productive without constant supervision
- Applicant must live in Madison or adjoining county. No out-of-state applications will be accepted.
- Must provide portfolio of graphic/print advertising & website work, as well as a writing sample
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Must have HTML and web design experience (experience with Dreamweaver, HTML5, and CSS3 a plus, but not required)
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
*Qualified candidates will be able to successfully pass a standard HR screening and all Aeneas hiring criteria.